- Tortellini, bolognese sauce, mortadella ... You WILL gain weight here. Don't fight it.
- In most of Europe, Americans can be embarrassingly loud. Not so here. Judging by my Italian fellow train travelers, watching movies on a tablet at full volume without the use of headsets is totally acceptable.
- When dining out, make sure you demand your complimentary rose from the restaurant owner.
- Aperitivo time = happy hour with free food. Buy a drink, enjoy the tapas. The U.S. needs to adopt this concept like yesterday.
- Bologna is super duper old.
- In my next life, I wouldn't mind going to grade school here.
For more of my travel videos, visit my YouTube channel.