|Virginia Beach (left) vs. Miami Beach (right)|
A fellow beach-goer approached us with a simple request, and what transpired thereafter was nothing short of life-affirming.
- Fellow beach-goer: Hey guys, do you happen to have a corkscrew?
- Us: Afraid not, but why not just push the cork into the bottle?
- FBG: Oh, great idea! Will do.
... 5 minutes later
- FBG: So, that worked! We've got more wine bottles. As a thank you, here, have the rest of this one.
- Us: !!! We love you. Seriously.
... 10 minutes later
- FBG: Would you guys mind watching our stuff? We just wanna take a quick bike ride. Back in 30 minutes.
- Us: Of course, oh bountiful giver of wine. We will guard your things with great vigilance.
... 30 minutes later
- FBG: We're back! Thanks so much guys. You know what? Here, have another bottle of wine.
- Us: !!! ♥
The generosity of strangers (and the thrill of chilled wine at the beach) had restored my faith in humanity. Then, while walking along the oceanfront boardwalk, I fell in love with the amusing cursing-is-prohibited signs.
I thought they were meant in jest, until I read that it's f*ucking illegal to curse in Virginia. Thankfully, it seems the law isn't enforced, so curse on, damn it!
In conclusion, free wine + funny sign = day made. Nicely played, Virginia Beach. Nicely played.
For more pictures of my trip to Virginia Beach, visit my photo gallery.