Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Peace and Quiet in Ocala, Florida

I'm a city girl at heart. I love the energy and possibilities of a big city and the anonymity that comes with being one of many on a busy street. Sometimes, though, I find it necessary to -- excuse the cheesy expression -- stop and smell the roses (I couldn't resist). Last year, a friend invited me to spend a weekend with the girls at her family's country home in Ocala, Florida, a 5-hour drive from my hometown of Miami. We strolled the grounds, chatted, played pool, ate cheese, drank wine, and lounged by the swimming pool. I wouldn't wish to live in a permanent state of tranquility, but I do value regularly making the time to do nothing at all. Below are a few snapshots of my bucolic weekend.










For more pictures of my trip to Ocala, visit my photo gallery.

Receive new posts in your inbox by subscribing via email below:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment