Sunday, December 1, 2013

Bologna in a Nutshell

The “In a Nutshell” series superficially summarizes an entire city, region, or country in a few bullet points. Ignoring historical and cultural complexities, I give you Bologna … in a nutshell:
  • In most of Europe, Americans can be embarrassingly loud. Not so here. Judging by my Italian fellow train travelers, watching movies on a tablet at full volume without the use of headsets is totally acceptable.
  • When dining out, make sure you demand your complimentary rose from the restaurant owner.
  • Aperitivo time = happy hour with free food. Buy a drink, enjoy the tapas. The U.S. needs to adopt this concept like yesterday.
  • In my next life, I wouldn't mind going to grade school here. 


For more of my travel videos, visit my YouTube channel.

Receive new posts in your inbox by subscribing via email below:


Delivered by FeedBurner

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Didn't spend enough time in Bologna when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corine. I'd love to visit Bologna again in the not-too-distant future.

      Delete
  2. Love this, makes me want to head back to Bologna and Italy asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael. I, too, am having some Italy withdrawal at the moment,

      Delete