Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Classing It Up in Turin

Palaces. Opera houses. Gardens. After getting to know beautifulrusty Bologna, Turin felt like an extravagance. I arrived knowing little more than the following about the fourth largest city in Italy:
  • It is home to the famous Shroud of Turin, which some believe to be the shroud in which Jesus was buried. 
  • Italy's royal family, the House of Savoy, lived there.
Given its royal history, I figured that Turin would be elegant, but I'm not sure I bargained for this:


Boom!

The streets and plazas were spotless.



And floor to ceiling mirrors. Yes.


And chandeliers. Chandeliers, people!


Sir Gnome, sophisticated gentleman that he is, absolutely loved it here. I mean, just look at the excitement on his face.



Here's to living pretending to live lavishly. 

For more pictures of my trip to Turin, visit my photo gallery.

Receive new posts in your inbox by subscribing via email below:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment